Tobacco Facts, News and Education Tools
- www.cdc.gov/tobacco – Centers for Disease Control. Tobacco information and prevention source. Free publications, research data, surgeon general’s report, quit guides and more.
- www.no-smoke.org– American Nonsmokers Rights Foundation. Secondhand smoke information, advocacy, smoke free ordinances, ads and youth information.
- www.tobaccofreekids.org– Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids. Special reports, statistics, fact sheets, Federal, State & Global initiatives and Kick Butts Day.
- www.ash.org – Action on Smoking and Health. Information on secondhand smoke, condos and apartments, custody issues and smoking and lawsuits.
- www.notobacco.org – Educational videos, assembly programs, news for teen smoking prevention.
- www.americanlegacy.org – American Legacy Foundation. Information to arm young people with knowledge to reject tobacco and eliminate disparities in access to tobacco prevention and cessation services.
- www.cancer.gov/cancerinfo/tobacco – National Cancer Institute. Tobacco information, quitting, prevention, research, statistics and literature.
- www.epa.gov/smokefree – US Environmental Protection Agency. Information on secondhand smoke and children.
- www.tobacco.org – Tobacco related news delivered daily.
- www.nstep.org – National Spit Tobacco Education Program.
- www.inwat.org – International Network of Women Against Tobacco.
- www.ttac.org – Tobacco Technical Assistance Consortium. Provides technical assistance, information resources, and training for state and local tobacco control programs.
- www.tarwars.org – American Academy of Family Physicians. Tobacco education program for kids.
- www.nysmokefree.org – New York State Smokers’ Quitsite. Free stop smoking kits for adults and teens.
- www.trytostop.org – Massachusetts Dept. of Public Health. Personalized planning tools to quit smoking or help someone else quit.
- www.smokefree.gov – Step by step help in quitting smoking including live chat service and an on-line quit guide.
- www.lungusa.org – American Lung Association. Freedom from Smoking 7 session on-line cessation program.
- www.whyquit.com – Motivation, education and support for quitting.
- www.quitsmokeless.org – Site designed to help smokeless tobacco users quit.
- www.chewfree.com – Oregon Research Institute. Funded by NCI, this randomized clinical trial is recruiting 2,400 smokeless tobacco users who are interested in quitting through one of two website programs.
- www.nicotine-anonymous.org – Nicotine Anonymous. 12 Step Fellowship of men and women helping each other live nicotine-free lives.
- www.dropthebutts.org– Tobacco Action Coalition of Long Islandteen smoking cessation site.
- www.thetruth.com– The Truth Campaign. Enter the “crazyworld” to get facts on tobacco.
- www.realitycheckny.org – Reality Check. New York State Department of Health youth program.
- www.badvertising.org – Website that features counteradvertising of tobacco.
- www.dogbreath.org – Facts about tobacco, games, quizzes and other fun things for kids.
- www.gorat.com – Reject All Tobacco. Fun site for kids to learn about tobacco facts.
- www.champss.org – Children Helping and Motivating Parents to Stop Smoking. Tips for kids and their parents on how to quit smoking. Includes games, e-cards, motivational information.
Tobacco Industry & Litigation Information
- www.Infact.org– Infact. A membership organization that wages campaigns against corporations such as the tobacco industry.
- www.stic.neu.edu – State Tobacco Information Center. Archives of tobacco litigation documents.
- www.tcsg.org – Smoke Free Environments Law Project. Information for businesses and individuals on legal and liability issues related to tobacco.
- www.tobaccofreeu.org – Information on setting up a tobacco free campus.
- www.nystobaccofreecolleges.org – The New York State Colleges Tobacco Free Initiative. A statewide partnership dedicated to encouraging and supporting colleges and universities to implement effective tobacco-free campus policies while creating a culture of compliance.